Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 6: Running to Peace: Spiritually & Naturally

My best friend and I were talking about spiritual fixes and natural fixes
(shout out to Charlene.....who has been a root in my life for 10 years)

It's crazy how, as we become stronger in Christ and develop a deeper relationship with God we start to understand and see the spiritual connections with everything that happens to us in the natural.

So much that we can be quick to tell someone how to spiritually fix something (WHICH NEEDS TO HAPPEN) but can be slow to help them naturally fix their issues.

The reality is some people just don't have relationships with God; or their relationship is like that of a third cousin, who you only see once every five years at a family reunion. Those are the ones who need both a spiritual and natural fix because the only see the natural (for right now).


I've been asked about 'Peace' every now and then. "I admire your peace, I need that!" And I look at them like their crazy. Especially when it comes from my sisters, cuz I'm striving to be more like them.

When it come to my friends that seek advice, I'm quick to give this long spiritual answer quoting Romans 8:5-6 and etc. Which is REAL; you don't make 'Peace' just drop in you lap. Its a gift grated by God.



But, I'm seeing that to find peace you have to fix the issues in your natural and become stronger spiritually. OK an example:


1.
You can have issues with insecurities, self worth, past pains, etc and this can manifest into natural issues. You only notice the natural issues: a new smoking habit, a very unhealthy drinking habit, casual sex, etc.

You say : "I'm just having fun. "I'm in a new phase in my life I need to let loose!" (Whatever)
But in actuality YOU KNOW THIS ISN'T YOU!
By society terms; heck yeah, your good. Your a young 20 something doing you, experimenting. But deep down this isn't you and you know it.


So to combat this you need to fix the natural and spiritual issues. Sure, you can only focus on the natural issues, like stop drinking for a while and etc.

But to find True PEACE you have to not only conquer your issues in the natural but, you also have to STRIP down to the CORE OF YOU and recognize and conquer the issues you didn't even know were there.

The insecurities, the past hurts caused by mothers, fathers, cousins, bothers, etc. The things that should have never happened to you, or the thoughts that should have never entered your mind. But they did and Never Left!!!

THAT IS WHY IT IS SOOOO IMPORTANT for you to be strong spiritually because the natural issues are just the beginning. It's the appetizer and you haven't even gotten to the main course.

And the Desert, that's the constant struggles of a Christian. The enemy trying to get you back to that point where you didn't ever know what 'Peace' or a relationship with God was.

Romans 8:5-6 "Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace."

(a song for you)


No comments:

Post a Comment