Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 21: A NU Creature

It's been a while since I've put a post up. It's been real busy school work, etc, and etc. It's day 21 and I'm going on strong. 21 days really isn't long, but hey I'm celebrating everyday till my wedding night. For the first fourteen days, I was really relying on my own strength but I'm learning to rely on God.

I've finished reading Revelations for the first time. After reading, worshiping, and praying I realized how magnificent God truly is, and how much I really want to spend my life putting a smile on his face.


After reading Revelations, I first felt fear and utter shock (Awe), I had to let it sink in. That's what I've been doing for these past days, meditating on this book.

After feeling and acting on this strong urge to just praise and worship, it hit me....

Besides showing me how magnificent God is, Revelations showed me just how grand His love is. SERIOUSLY

He found something significant in me when I couldn't. He being so grand, so powerful took time out to complete me, to make me whole. I can't even describe the feeling of gratitude that is in my heart. To completely transform, to find the time, to care so much....it's amazing to me!


I used to smile and laugh to disguise the void that was inside me, the pain (who's origin was undefinable), the lack of knowing my self purpose. I would cry at night to relieve myself from the every day facade. I got so good that, I disguised the feelings even to myself.

Now, when the verse 2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

It's no Joke


If you see me crying now a days it's more than likely, I'm in awe of God's grace. I'm so blessed and whole that its surreal.

I wouldn't be able to tell you how it happened. I just wanted something, I wanted this void filled, I new there was more, so I thought, why not try God (I had nothing else to loose). I looked into other religions first because I heard so many bad things about Christianity.

Nothing else seemed right or to fit. Then I thought....I may be a christian but I never REALLY tried it.

From then it was history, God surrounded me with people of Himself to show me the way, to be inspirations. My roommate Jonell, Steve, KeAshia, Erina, Zanfia, and my choir in general. So I kept seeking and haven't stopped.

I can say one thing about me I am persistent!!

I slowly grew closer and closer to God. Now I will only look back to humble myself and to share my testimony.

I have no regrets, I dont miss smoking week, getting drunk, not even sex (not that much) because nothing has ever gave me joy, purpose, and unconditional, ever present love like God!


I am NU CREATURE

No comments:

Post a Comment